Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Korean Drama : The AWL



This drama is based on a webtoon with the same title. Inspired from real-life events that transpired in 2002 when union workers were unfairly fired from large supermarket chain Carrefour, and fought back. Starring Ji Hyun-Woo, Ahn Nae-Sang, Hyun Woo, Yesung, Park Si-Hwan and Kim Ga-Eun.



Lee Soo-In (Ji Hyun Woo) has the kind of attitude wherein he has to do the right thing no matter what. After his discharge from the military, he apply and worked at a large retail market called Fourmis Market. One day, his boss Jung Min-Chul (Kim Hee-Won) ordered him to fire his subordinates at the supermarket. He then refuses to do so and decides to join the labor union. Because he’s not a person that can stand by quietly and watch corruption happen. In spite of everything he knows, he finds himself being the one who has to speak up when an injustice is being done. He and the temporary employees struggle against unfair dismissals, wage slavery, worker exploitation through different employment statuses, various faces of oppression inside a work environment and the way they affect people’s lives behind the scenes and on the spot.


REVIEW: When I first heard of this drama, I was anticipating to watch this because its my first time seeing YESUNG act. I have no idea what this drama has offer. I was even disappointed when I found out that YESUNG is not the main actor and was about to skipped and stopped watching it. But I decided to give this drama a change for my reviews sake.

AWL is an interesting drama that anyone can relate to. Its an eye opener! It allows me to learned about my rights as an employee. Often times employee's are being abusive by there rights at work. Because of fear of losing there jobs, they remain quite, afraid and powerless. Although I haven't experience being mistreated by my employers, and yet I still can relate the worker's scenario in this drama.

AWL is a must-see, this drama pull off an inspiring story that gives hope to its viewers particularly the one's who are employed. So there you have it guy's. Watch it and be amaze :)





MY RATINGS : 8/10



Have you been watching The AWL? What do you think about it? Share your thoughts and leave your comments below! Happy Drama Watching Everyone!!!




(PS. All picture grabbed from google credits to its owner)


Before you go: please share this blog on FacebookRT on Twitter. Follow me on FacebookInstagramPinterest and Twitter. Subscribe to receive email updates. Thank you for your support!



Related blog post:

No comments:

Post a Comment