Monday, March 7, 2016

Korean Drama : Twenty Again (Hangul: 두번째 스무살)



The story revolves around a 38 years old housewife, Ha No Ra (Choi Ji Woo), who decided to go back to school and experience the college life for the first time. She spent the last two decades as a housewife after she got married and became a mother at the age of 19 years old. Her 20 years old son, Kim Min Soo (Kim Min Jae) and his girlfriend, Oh Hye Mi (Son Na Eun) are her classmate, while her husband, Kim Woo Chul (Choi Won Young) and her first love, Cha Hyun Suk (Lee Sang Yoon) are her professors in University.



The first few episodes made me cry like a fool. Especially those parts wherein Ha No Ra was being neglected by her son and husband. That just broke my heart a million times! I can't stand seeing a mother (even in dramas), who does everything for her children, and in returned they are being neglected and an appreciated. I cried a ton because that's how Ha Nora's character in this drama. Ha Nora's character is admirable. At her age, she pursue to go to college even if her husband and children were against it. She did everything she could just to get in. She even work part-time jobs so she could finance her study because her husband Kim Woo Chul won't support her. 


Nora had struggle adjusting in school, because it has been decades ago since the last time she attended school. So many things so unfamiliar for her, especially the technology. She was left behind. Plus I hate how narrow-minded her classmates. Always making fun of her because she's an ajumma, whom they think crazy for attending school at old age. People like Ho Nora in real life should be admire because of their determination to finish school regardless of their age. They should be respected and supported!


I'm glad someone like Na Soon Nam (Noh Young Hak) and Park Seung Hyun (Jin Ki Joo) exist in this drama. They respect and accept Ha Nora's being in school and as a person. They became friends with Nora and they help her fit in school.


As for Nora's love life. It was a bit of messed up I think. But its good that she ended up with Cha Hyun Suk (Lee Sang Yoon)


Overall, I think the series has good story line from episodes three to twelve; episodes one and two were definitely quite the set up. Episode thirteen the drama lagged a bit, and I really had to force myself to watch it. I almost didn’t finish it because I didn’t care how we were going to get to the resolution, which was obviously Nora and Hyun Suk getting together. I also didn’t care for the storyline of how Yi Jin tried to ruin Woo Chul, even though it was a perfectly natural progression for her character to do so. The only thing I was really happy about was Min Soo and Hye Mi breaking up. I think that was the perfect ending for them because they were definitely not compatible. Na Soon Nam and Park Seung Hyun had a good ending as well, which I was hoping because this duo really look good together, the chemistry as couples is there. 



So while this series made me quite happy for a few days, I think it’s safe to say that I was a little disappointed towards the end. Not the strongest series out there, but quite fun while it lasted.


MY RATINGS : 5/10


Have you been watching Twenty Again? What do you think about it? Share your thoughts and leave your comments below! Happy Drama Watching Everyone!!!


(PS. All picture grabbed from google credits to its owner)


Before you go: please share this blog on FacebookRT on Twitter. Follow me on FacebookInstagramPinterest and Twitter. Subscribe to receive email updates. Thank you for your support!



Related blog post:


No comments:

Post a Comment