Sunday, June 28, 2015

My Respect for Same Sex Marriage

On June 26, 2015, the US Supreme Court ruled that the US Constitution guarantees the right for same-sex couples to marry in all 50 US states. The LGBT community rejoice and countless of people around the globe showed support and happiness over this victory for LGBT. While some are angry, disappointed and even questioned the US decisions for ruling such rules especially the religious groups. 

As a Christian, I am well aware on what is written in the Bible. I am not a supporter nor an advocate of same sex marriage. But I do RESPECT other people's happiness and life. Just recently Facebook launched its app called create pride wherein your profile picture will automatically changed by overlaying your profile photos with a rainbow filter as a way to support marriage equality. 

Last night I used that app in showing my RESPECT for my LGBT friends. I even made sure to put a hashtag that says #Respect and not #ISupport or whatever to avoid misconception from other people in my Facebook whom I know who are against it. And to my surprise some of them are firing me back on my inbox. Because they think it isn't right? Because I am a "Christian" and I shouldn't be doing it. And there they goes started telling me about what the Bible says and stuff...

Created with facebook.com/celebratepride #Respect
Posted by Tine Cordero on Sunday, June 28, 2015

Okay I get it!...I know what's right and wrong according to God's words. 

“So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.”
—Genesis 1:27 (NKJV)

“And He answered and said to them, ‘Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’“
—Matthew 19:4 (NKJV)

“But from the beginning of the creation, God ‘made them male and female.’”
—Mark 10:6 (NKJV)

I know God created man and woman from his image only and no Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual or Transgender.

But hey wait! What does my faith do in changing my profile picture? It doesn't really make sense to me. My opinion is my opinion and I don't argue and discuss it with people who are FULL of HYPOCRISY. If you think same sex marriage is a sin then how about your life? Are you living life sin free? Because I'm not. Don't you have any vices in life? Like disobeying your parents, smoking, drinking, drugs maybe or premarital sex to name a few? And those negative thoughts in your mind that you often neglect is a sin as well. So lets evaluate our self first before we judge and persecute other people. 

I really wonder where this hypocrite get the nerve to tell me what's right and wrong when they are living a sinful life. 

"No one is perfect" and if your truly a Christian then you must have known that only God can judge His children here on earth. And let us not forget the passage of Mark 12:30-31 (NIV).

30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’[a] 31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] There is no commandment greater than these.”

How could you follow His commandments if there is so much hate and anger in your hurt towards other people?

I'd like to end this post with this message that showing our RESPECT for same sex marriage doesn't make us any less as a person and a Christian.


"I believe, world peace starts with Respect from one another and followed by Love."---Tine Cordero

No comments:

Post a Comment