Sunday, December 15, 2013

Missing my Parents on Christmas Day

CHRISTMAS is the most celebrated month of the year, its the gentlest, loveliest festival of the revolving year. Christmas time is a good time, a kind, forgiving, charitable time and for most of all a time celebrated with family.

Someone asked me; Have you had a good Christmas season so far??? I stop and think… Yes I had, way back 2008, when I went home to spend the holidays with my parents.


It has been 4 years since my mother Nanay Oping (+July16, 2009) passed away and a year ago, since my father Tatay Junior (+October 15, 2012) died. I can’t help being emotional. I am missing my parents so much not just on Christmas but almost everyday of my life. And when someone asked me if; what I want for Christmas, I answered them back, that if God would grant me one wish this Christmas I would wish to have it spent with my parents.


Life without them is so hard; looking at the world around me, knowing they will never be a part of it again . When I was a child it was such a comfort to know they were always there for me. And though my needs have changed since then, my feelings have not, I still relied on both of them, for so many things that only parents can give. When I need advice I feel I can count on them to help me put things in their proper perspective. When I have good news, I always want to share it with them and when things are not going so well. I know you'll make things better just by listening, caring, and understanding like you always do. That's why no matter how grown up I may be, I'm still wishing they were here right next to me. But there are things in life that way beyond my control. I am happy to know now that they are now pain free in heaven.

I thanked God everyday for the blessing of being born to these two remarkable people. I will always be grateful for being blessed with their love, faith, and nurturing. Having a parents like them while growing up was the greatest gift and biggest advantage anyone could ever have given me. It is because of the confidence and values that you instilled in me that made me who I am today. I thanked them for shaping me into a person who I like and am proud to be. Thank you for letting me believes that I could be whoever I wanted to be, do whatever I wanted to do, there were no limitations except my drive, ambition and creativity.

God sent you to me as a special gift from above. To teach me life's lesson and shower me with your love, I will always remember their beautiful and smiling faces. In my heart you will always have a special place. You are the truest friend I have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon me; when adversity takes the place of prosperity, when friends who rejoice with me in sunshine desert me, when trouble thickens around me, still will you cling to me and endeavor by your kindness precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness and cause peace to return to my hearts.

I LOVE and MISS you both everyday single day!


"Most of all the other beautiful things in life come by twos and threes, by dozens and hundreds. Plenty of roses, stars, sunsets, rainbows, brothers and sisters, aunts and cousins, comrades and friends but only one MOTHER and FATHER in the whole world."







Related post:



Before you go: please share this blog on FacebookRT on Twitter. Follow me on FacebookInstagramPinterest and Twitter. Subscribe to receive email updates. Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment