Monday, January 27, 2020

DAY 1: Arriving in Fukuoka, Going to Hostel and Dinner in Yatai


Day 1: Arriving in Fukuoka - arrived there at 8:00 PM on time. Clear immigration and head straight to find my pocket wifi. No baggage to collect at the carousel as I only had hand carry luggage. After getting my internet wifi, went straight to the FREE SHUTTLE BUS from Fukuoka International Airport going to the Subway transfer, which is 5 minutes away. Then go down to the underground level to get a ticket for 260 (Yen). Took the Kuko Line bound for Nakasukawabata Station, which is the nearest station going to my Hostel. It is a 5 to 10 minutes walk (depending on how fast or slow you are in walking, LOL). Where I booked by pocket wifi? Klook.com for Php 185.00 a day/Unlimited Pick up at the airport, very easy to find. They had a Filipino-Japanese guy at the counter, he never been to the Philippines but he really speaks fluent tagalog, so it's a plus and he help me locate the free Shuttle bus station outside the airport. 

Where I stayed:
The Gate Hostel Fukuoka
Hakata-ku Komondocho 10-3, 812-0029 Fukuoka, Japan
I found them on booking.com and booked for 1 Bunk Bed in Female Dormitory Room for Php 3,702.00 (4 NIGHTS) including tax. They also have a private room for family or couple. But choose the capsule type because I'm alone and it saves me a few bucks for FOOD. LOL 

Why I stayed here? 
*Great reviews online. Clean, convenient, very accessible and friendly staff and they speak English. *Affordable. *Most tourist spot are just walking distance, like: 
1. Kushida Shrine 
2. Kawabata Shopping District 
3. Tochoji-Temple 
4. Yatai stalls 
5. Canal City 
6. Hakata Machiya Folk Museum 

*Every Monday to Thursday from 8pm to 10pm they have a Takoyaki party at the common area on the 5th Floor. Which is very interesting because you get to mingle with other guest. And if sobrang nagtitipid ka that could be your dinner. LOL!!!

After checking in, I went to had dinner at the famous Yatai stalls. Yatai is a stand stationed food cart on the sidewalk. This is there version of Jalan Alor in Kuala Lumpur, there hawker alley or street wherein most of them sells ramen, yakitori, hotpot and variety of seafood's. It is usually open until midnight. Some stalls closes early in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment