Saturday, November 23, 2013

My Family and Our House : Super Typhoon Haiyan Yolanda Aftermath

The one thing that is most important to me is my family because they will always be there for me no matter what happens. They are the ones that are there for me at the end of the day. We may argue on things at times but we love and protect each other my family is the ONLY TREASURE I have in this world.



A week after Super Typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda) hits on the ground; I haven’t able to get hold of my brother because telecommunications were down and assuming signal will be okay he will no longer have battery on his phone, because there is no electricity. All I know is that there safe, but my question is; are they Okay? Considering what I saw and heard from the news right after Haiyan hits on the ground of Leyte, can’t help but worry for my family’s whereabouts back home. Terrifying photos and people dying increase not because of aftermaths but due to hunger. Made me worry even more for my family situation back home, the fact that our house was destroy by Haiyan, I knew right and then they were not okay. 

After a week of anticipating and sleepless nights I am able to go home and check my family’s situation. I can finally see them.

November 16, 2013 5:30PM Ormoc City – I saw my brother standing waiting for me on the port I hugged him and cried. He looked different from the last time I saw him last year, at our father’s funeral. Oh! One more thing why I worry too much because, in this world I only have my siblings, my in-laws, my nieces, and nephews. I remember before our Mom passed away 4years ago, she told my Aunt her older Sister to tell me that whatever happened, I should looked after him and his the one among my other siblings who's living in Leyte and his family. 

While waiting for the bus, the last rides going to our Barrio can’t help get shocks on what I saw in Ormoc Terminal. I know and saw the news that Ormoc City was devastated as well, but it feels different when I saw it in person I felt like Ormoc was a ghost town. 

Bus arrives at around 6:15PM I almost got my foot run over by the bus, because everyone was on the rush and pushing one another. Thankfully someone helped me get on board and save a seat for my brother, while his securing my luggage at the back.

As we were leaving Ormoc going to Baybay, can’t help think about those survivors from the typhoon who ransacked a mall or convenient store just to get food to eat and water to drink just to survive till rescue and relief goods will arrive.

I certainly don’t blame them for doing so. Period!!! Like on my case I even pushed the one in front of me, just to get in the bus, because I wanted to see the rest of my family and wanted to bring them the food I’m carrying all the way from Manila, my 40 kilos luggage is all FOOD of in kinds.

I reach home around 8:00PM, I barely see the aftermaths of Haiyan in our place, but our house, as I was expected roof, were roofless and the bamboo parts of the house were ruined.

When asked how’s our house look like back home. I proudly describe it SIMPLE yet the BEST place to stay on earth. That’s where we all grow up, the memories with our parents and with my siblings growing up is priceless that made our house the best place to stay. We don’t have a bungalow but we do have a HOME to call our own.

It saddens me to see how it looks like now after Super Typhoon Haiyan ruined it. But still thankful to GOD that my family is safe from any harm during the typhoon and even if how strong Haiyan is our house still standing stills. It may take me some times to rebuild our house but I know someday sooner or later I can rebuild it, same place, different look :)
my family in Leyte 

our HOUSE roofless 

our HOUSE roofless


our HOUSE. My brother first initiative the day after Haiyan, He gathered all roof and he put them back together. :) 



"Sometimes GOD takes me to a place where I have nothing to rely on but FAITH, in order for me to truly see HIS glory and just what an awesome God he is."- Upindecordero


Related Blog Entry:

Super Typhoon Haiyan, known in the Philippines as Typhoon Yolanda, was one of the strongest tropical cyclones ever recorded, which devastated portions of Southeast Asia, particularly the Philippines, on November 8, 2013. It is the deadliest Philippine typhoon on record, killing at least 6,300 people in that country alone. Haiyan is also the strongest storm recorded at landfall, and unofficially the strongest typhoon ever recorded in terms of wind speed.-Wikipedia



Before you go: please share this blog on FacebookRT on Twitter. Follow me on FacebookInstagramPinterest and Twitter. Subscribe to receive email updates. Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment