Monday, November 4, 2013

Remembering My Mother on her 64th Birthday


Dearest Nanay Oping,



Today would have been your 64rd birthday. I have to wonder what it would be like if you were here. Would we have a big cake, make jokes about how old you are, or just enjoy those moments together? I would like to think it would have been a perfect-happy day. To be honest I can’t remember any of your birthdays while you were here on earth, for some reason they don’t exist. The only memories that do are the ones without you.


Mom in her younger days.

Having a mother like you while growing up was the greatest gift and biggest advantage anyone could ever have given me. It is because of the confidence and values that she instilled in me that made me who I am today. I thanked her for shaping me into a person who I like and am proud to be. Thank you Nanay, for letting us believes that we could be whoever we wanted to be, do whatever we wanted to do, with no limitations except our drive, ambition and creativity. 

I wish I didn't get angry when I think about the precious moments of life you missed. I truly know there is a reason you are not here. God needed you and I needed to become the person I am today. The truth is I wish God would have given you so many more years. I wish we would have gone through that awkward teenage years, the year you turned 60, and you being with me when the time comes I'll walk down the aisle on my wedding day. And most of all I just wish we could talk, just talk about anything, and everything. 

Our beloved Nanay Oping. 

You are the truest friend I have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon me; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with me in my sunshine desert me; when trouble thickens around me, still will you cling to me, and endeavor by your kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to my hearts.

Mom and me, she's my twins.

God sent you to me as a special gift from above. To teach me life’s lessons and shower me with your love. I will always remember your beautiful and smiling face. And in my heart, you will always have a very special place. 

No matter how old we are, losing you Nanay is one of the deepest sorrows a heart can know, but your goodness, your caring and your wisdom lives on… like a legacy of love that will always be with us. A special bond we shared like no other, for this is only possible between you and me. I thanked God for each day we were able to share. But without you in my life it is too difficult to bear. 

Mom and me in Sampaloc Manila, 2006. 

Though I have not seen you for the last 4 years and counting...you are always in front of my eyes. My one eye bears your picture, while the other looks on to the world to which you brought me in. I hope one day I will meet you, even in my dreams and tell you how much I missed and love you.

I wish I could tell you Nanay, how much you mean to me, how much I admire You, how much I appreciate You, how much I thanked You for everything you've done for us. If only my tears could build a stairway and a memory lane, we would walk right to heaven and bring you home again. You are always on our hearts Nanay.

Moms coronation night as Ms. Maybog 1970.

Being with God, I hope you will find joy and peace. In this I can find comfort and some happiness at least. For Nanay dearest you will always be My Mother so loving and so loved by me.

Thank you for my life, We will always miss you and love you Nanay. Till we meet again… 

With love from your Daughter 
Eneng♥♥♥ 

with my siblings and mom.


In Loving Memory of: 
Guadalupe "Oping" Cordero 
November 9, 1950-July 16, 2009 



"Most of all the other beautiful things in life come by twos and threes, by dozens and hundreds. Plenty of roses, stars, sunsets, rainbows, brothers and sisters, aunts and cousins, comrades and friends - but only one MOTHER in the whole world." 


Related post:




Before you go: please share this blog on FacebookRT on Twitter. Follow me on FacebookInstagramPinterest and Twitter. Subscribe to receive email updates. Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment