Thursday, November 15, 2018

Keisei Skyliner

Hello Japan, tadaima! (I'm back!) 

I was so happy to be back on this beautiful country. The for the second time around, I took the Keisei Skyliner on my way to Tokyo from the airport. This is a top of the range high-speed train that operates between Narita Airport and Ueno (downtown Tokyo) offering a comfortable and efficient ride. 


This is my first time taking this mode of transportation in Japan. The last time I was here last year with my friends, we took the Limousine Bus going to Tokyo. Limo Bus is a bit expensive, so if you have plenty of cash with you, then go for it. ๐Ÿ˜Š

(Pickup counter for Keisei Skyliner ticket booked via Klook at the Narita Terminal 2 Station)

After getting my luggage I went to find the counter of Keisei Skyliner ticket and this is what the confusing part is. The voucher ticket I had with says, Narita International Airport Terminal 2: International Arrival Lobby Central Building HIS Counter (1/F). And when I asked around the ground staff at the airport lead me to the actual ticketing office of Skyliner. When I got there the staff told me that the address I had with in my hands were different from theirs. I need to get the coupon at the address written on my booking e voucher, then after that I need to go back to the Skyliner ticketing office to get the actual ticket for my train ride. Confusing right?! Especially for first-time/first solo travel.

(Klook ticket voucher)

I'm so glad I can speak a little bit of Nihonggo so it wasn't that hard for me after all. After a minute, found the counter, took a photo of it, so you won't get confused like myself Minasan. After getting my coupon, I proceeded to the ground floor to get my actual Skyliner ticket at their ticketing office.


( Routing map of Skyliner )

I decided to take this because is it fast and a bit cheaper from the rest of transportation available going to downtown Tokyo and my hotel accommodation is one station away from Ueno. So, I don’t need to travel far. I just have to get off at Ueno and walk a few minutes away to take the Hibiya Line going to Iriya Station where my hostel is located.

(There are a lot of sign and entrance going to the subway station at the Narita Terminal 2. If you are taking the Skyliner this is the entrance you need to go in, so make sure to keep this photo and sign in mind.)

If you wish to take this ride on your visit to Japan, make sure you booked a head online through Klook , it’s cheaper online. Skyliner not only offer travel in comfort and style with dedicated luggage space for your bags. It also offers unlimited wifi-access while you’re on board, just make sure to ask for the password at the Keisei counter.

No comments:

Post a Comment