Friday, November 23, 2018

The Meiji Shrine

I went to visit another Tokyo’s most famous Shinto shrine, The Meiji Jingu in Shibuya. Aside from being known as a Shinto shrine dedicated to the deified spirits of Emperor Meiji and his wife, Empress Shoken, this place is also known as one of the best instagrammable place in Tokyo and one of the busiest sites in Tokyo for tourists, so I suggest you come here early to avoid the massive crowd of people coming to the shrine.
Another special sight inside the spacious grounds of Meiji Jingu that caught my eyes while walking my way in, are the rows upon rows of decorative sake barrels (Sake is a Japanese alcoholic drink made of fermented rice, koji often translated as rice malt or yeast made from rice and water.) lining the walkway on the way to the temple. As what I overhead from one of the tour guide, this empty sake barrels were donated by sake brewers from all over japan and offered to the shrine deities at Meiji Jingu every year.
Another important note that I would like to share while visiting this site is that NO TRIPOD is ALLOWED INSIDE the Shrine. I don’t why! I was getting ready setting up my tripod when suddenly some guys wearing white and violet skirt looking pants approach me and gently told me, that using tripod is not allowed inside the vicinity. Selfie stick is okay. So, the whole time I was inside the shrine I was asking for favors to some tourist and locals to take my photos.

ADMISSION IS FREE

No comments:

Post a Comment