Friday, November 16, 2018

Sensoji Temple in Asakusa at Night

Sensoji Temple in Asakusa is Tokyo's oldest Buddhist Temple, and one of it's most significant. It is one of the best sightseeing spots in Tokyo where most of first time travelers to Tokyo visit. Unfortunately not on my case, this isn't on my itinerary because I was here last year September 10 to 25, 2017.
But itinerary changed when I was checking on places to visit close to my hostel at night, Sensoji pops-up, 20 mins walk from my hostel. I was still contemplating if I should go or not because the thought that I was here before is stopping me. Until hostel staff told me that this place offers different view at night, so the lazy me went and voilaaaa! I was blown away by its beauty.
Sensoji Temple is stunningly beautiful at night with the lights on, the temples are glowing.๐Ÿ˜ I know these photos cannot make justice on how incredibly pretty Sensoji at night. But you guy's have to check this out either it's your first time or not. 
I swear you won't get disappointed. Less people at night because most shops in Nakamise-dori were already closed. Nakamise-dori is one of Tokyo's district, a shopping street providing tourist visiting Sensoji Temple a variety of local delicacies, modern and traditional stuff and souvenirs proudly made in Japan. The temple is approached via Nakamise dori so expect the crowd when your visiting this temple in a broad day light.
I would not mind coming back in here on my next Tokyo trip, because really its beautiful at night and Sensoji offers a relaxing feeling for me while sitting in a bench under a tree while having my quite moment.
Here are some of my pics visiting Sensoji in the morning. And let me know which is best, coming here at night or when the sun is out. Domo Arigatou Minasan.
One interesting to see around Asakusa particulary at the entrance of Sensoji temple are these men carrying the Rickshaw (literally means jinrikisha a "man powered vehicle"). Asakusa can be explored by foot, but if you want to experiece this ancient mode of transportaion in Japan then feel free to do it here. A 30 minute tour for two persons costs around 9000 yen. Price may change without prior notice.

Even at night the Tokyo Sky Stree is still visible at Sensoji Temple both are pretty for me.

Relaxing area with cool mist for exhausted visitors like moi.

The Pagoda

Randomly pointing old tree inside the vicinity of Sensoji

HOW TO GET HERE:
Access: Asakusa Station (Tokyo Metro), 5 minutes on foot
Asakusa Station (Tobu Railway), 5 minutes on foot
Asakusa Station (Toei Subway), 5 minutes on foot
Asakusa Station (Tsukuba Express), 5 minutes on foot

ADMISSION IS FEE 

Operating Hours: 24 hours Open Daily



Other related blog post: 
Before you go: please share this blog on Facebook, RT on Twitter. Follow me on Facebook, at The Travelling Hopia. Subscribe to receive email updates. Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment